Dorothy is a two-fingered sloth female we received one month ago.
Unfortunately she wanted to cross the main Manuel Antonio road by an electric wire. She got electrocuted and fell on the road, so a kind person brought her quickly to the center. Electrocution cases are random; they can be really superficial or really deep, and the damage is sometimes only visible after days past the electrocution. 😢
For this wonderful female, the first day we could only see where the electricity passed through the body, but several days later, we realized the real damages. The electrical burning and necrosis of tissue that sometimes continues can slow the natural healing process of wounds...and it is very painful that we can sometimes only assist her through it. Until a few days ago, Dorothy fought to remain alive, but unfortunately the wounds and probably more internal damages caused her death.
It’s not always a « happy ending » for all of our patients here in the Wildlife Clinic, and the death is not easy to accept after 1 month trying to save her...but sometimes we have to. We keep fighting every day to bring freedom again, to the wildlife we can save, in the best way as we can.🌳💐🌈
The Kids Saving the Rainforest staff