Please find below everything you need to know about a full day volunteer experience:
- Can volunteer any Monday, Wednesday or Friday
- The full day runs from 9 to 4.
- KSTR can arrange transportation pick up---however, your own transportation is easy to do since KSTR is located about 15 minutes from Quepos off the main road #34.
- The day begins with a guided tour for 2 hours in the zoo-sanctuary with additional information on the rescue program.
- From 11 to 11:15 refreshments are offered.
- From 11:15 to 12:15 there is an activity focused on something special with a specific animal.
- From 12:15 to 1:30 a full buffet lunch is served and attended by the staff. It is a great time to ask questions to the vet, vet tech and nursery Mom or any of the volunteers who are staying here for the volunteer or intern program. Swimming is also available during this time.
- From 1:30 to 4:00 2 more activities are planned---preparing food, giving the food, enriching the enclosures and observing the animals in the zoo- sanctuary.
- The day will be spent getting to know KSTR and the animals, spending time with our wildlife manager and exchanging with the staff.
It is a great program and is very informative and participatory.
Contact Chip at email@example.com for more information.